Monday, August 5, 2013

Media Monday- The Incredibles

Once Upon a Time...



     It's no secret I have a love for Disney or animated movies (I mean, Tangled and Despicable Me 2 already made it to a Media Monday!!). Today's Media Monday is focused around one of THE greatest, THE best, THE most quotable movies in my opinion: The Incredibles!! I sure hope you've all been able to see this at least once...
  
  The Incredibles is an animated superhero movie made in 2004 by Disney/Pixar. It starts out with a Mr. Incredible on his way to the most important event of his life: his wedding. On his way, however, he meets his biggest fan, Buddy, who is dressed in an "Incrediboy" suit with the full intent of helping Mr. Incredible fight crime. Mr. Incredible tells him to go home, but Buddy appears again after Mr. Incredible stops a suicidal man, which leads to him interrupting a robbery by Bomb Voyage. Although Mr. Incredible tells Buddy to "fly home", Buddy insists on going to get the police but, as he's about to leave, Bomb Voyage plants a bomb on Buddy's Incrediboy cape. He won't listen when Mr. Incredible tells him there's a bomb so that leaves Mr. Incredible no choice and he goes off to save Buddy.
Frozone
However, the bomb ends up breaking a bridge, leaving a train with no track. Mr. Incredible stops the train suddenly, which leads to many injuries of the passengers. Finally, though, Mr. Incredible goes to the church and marries a fellow superhero- Elastigirl- and the two live happily ever after. Not really, the train passengers, as well as the suicide victim, sue Mr. Incredible and more lawsuits begin to appear for other superheroes. The heroes that once saved the city are forced to go into hiding and become regular citizens.

FLASH FORWARD: 15 years later, Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) works for an insurance company. "Longing for the glory days while stuck in a white-collar job, Bob and his old friend Lucius Best, formerly Frozone, perform vigilante work" which causes Mr. Incredible to be noticed by a secret organization who apparently needs his help (quote from Wikipedia). In a turn of events, however, Bob is fired from his job but, upon his arrival home, he finds a folder hidden in his briefcase from Mirage, a woman offering him a job for the aforementioned secret company. Bob immediately agrees to the job and lies to Helen (Elastigirl) telling her the insurance company's sending him on a business trip. When he arrives to the location, Mirage informs him that his task is to destroy a special robot called the Omnidroid. This robot is malfunctioning and, due to it's learning capabilities, it's become a threat to the island and the people. Mr. Incredible ends up destroying it, but not before it rips his supersuit. Upon his arrival back home, he seeks out Edna Mode who made his suit- and countless other superheroes'- years before. She makes him a new suit, along with patching up his old one.

Bob is contacted by Mirage with another mission and sets off to the island once again. He eventually meets the "boss" of this operation who turns out to be Buddy, his "biggest fan" from way back when. However, now he goes by Syndrome and has become a supervillian with the full intent of destroying Mr. Incredible's life. He created a bigger and better Omnidroid he plans to send to the city and let it terrorize them a bit before swooping in and "saving the day" with his remote that controls the robot. As Syndrome tries to kill Mr. Incredible, Mr. Incredible hides and makes Syndrome think he's dead.
MEANWHILE, Helen was cleaning and discovered a long, white hair belonging to a woman on Bob's coat, along with the patch job Edna made on his suit. She contacts Edna, who demands she comes to visit. When Helen arrives, she discovers that Edna made a supersuit not only for Bob, but also her and her children. Edna's made Helen's suit so it can stretch as far as she can, the suit designed for Violet- the oldest, as well as only daughter- can turn invisible like her, the suit made for Dash- the middle boy- can withstand the friction made when Dash runs fast, and the suit made for the little baby Jack-Jack (who at the moment has no powers) is made prepared for anything.
MEANWHILE, Mr. Incredible is found and captured and Mrs. Incredible and the kids are heading to find him and help him out. To summarize, they save Mr. Incredible, fly off to stop the Omnidroid and, ultimately, save the world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That could've been WAYYYY longer, butttttt stopping there seemed OK :)

My Favorite Character: Hands down my favorite character is Edna Mode. She is HILARIOUS and one of the most fun characters to quote ever!! My brother does a fabulous Edna voice and it's so great :) I also love it because she is voiced by the film's director Brad Bird- a dude if you didn't catch that from the name. Watch this movie, and I guarantee she'll be your favorite, too!! :)

My Favorite Superpower: My favorite superpower out of the ones in this movie (super-strength, elasticity, speed, invisibility/force-fields, shapeshifting, ice) would probably beeeeeeee invisibility/force-fields. I mean, it's really cool :)

My Favorite Scene: My favorite scene is like every single one with Edna in it. If I had to choose out of those ones, probably the first one- "NO CAPES!" :) Watch below!
 
My Favorite Quote: This could also be considered my favorite scene, but I'll just share this [super] long quote :) My brother and I quote this ALL the time!! :D Keep in mind Lucius is Frozone (ice guy) and Honey's his wife.
Lucius: Honey?
Honey: What?
Lucius:Where's my super suit?
Honey: What?
Lucius: Where - is - my - super - suit?
Honey: I, uh, put it away. 
Lucius: *Where*?
Honey: *Why* do you *need* to know?
Lucius: I need it! 
Honey: Uh-uh! Don't you think about running off doing no daring-do!! We've been planning this dinner for two months!
Lucius: The public is in danger!
Honey: My evening's in danger!
Lucius: You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!
Honey: 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RATINGS:
~It is rated PG for action violence
~I TOTALLY give it 5 crowns out of 5 crowns!
 
 
 
 
~My trusty website that I always go to for my movie needs, commonsensemedia.org, says:
 


This rating says it's "ON" (the green) for kids 7and up! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I might be 17, but I love this movie. I highly recommend that you watch it if you haven't. Those who aren't too into animated movies WILL still like it- that's how my family and many of my friends are as well! CHECK IT OUT! :)
 
 
And They Lived Happily Ever After...
 
 
*NOTE: I do not own ANY rights to The Incredibles- the pictures, the quotes, the videos, ANYTHING. This all belongs to Disney/Pixar!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment