Sunday, July 14, 2013

Spiritual Sunday- fear

Once Upon a Time...

     Fear. According to Google's Dictionary, fear is defined as "be[ing] afraid of (someone or something) [that's] likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening". Fear is something all of us experience and it can come in many shapes and sizes- for example, you can be afraid of anything from spiders to horror movies! But the thing is, Satan uses fear as a tool to distract us from everything else!
     I know in my life I'm afraid of a lot of things: tornadoes, spiders, horror movies, talking to guys first, being myself (etc.)- but I can't let these fears rule my life and you can't let yours rule yours either!! Psalms 56:3-4 says that "When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" (NIV).
     From this verse we can gather that God is bigger than all our fears!! If we trust in Him, we will gain comfort and don't have to be afraid anymore. "What can mortal man do to me?", it says. Why should we be afraid!? What can mortal man do to us? Tease us? Kill us? Romans 8:31 (the second half) says "If God is for us, who is against us?". This is so true because if we have God on their side, what do we have to fear?!?! It's like in the Avengers when Loki says "I have an army" and Tony Stark replies, "We have a Hulk!". Satan tells us he has an army, but we can confidently reply "We have GOD!". If He's on our side, what should we fear!?


And They All Lived Happily Ever After...

No comments:

Post a Comment